I thought bad things come in three's. And so I really should be grateful that, for me, this week bad things happened in two's. The proof is as follows:
- Two parking tickets. Two. At work, we have to pay for parking. You can only pay for 3 hours at a time, so you have to run out 3 hours into your shift and plug the meter. I always, always forget - as evidenced by the parking tickets. That meter maid is stalking my car, I just know it. I don't think it's coincidence that I get a ticket mere minutes after the meter expires.
- Two conflicts with employees. Another huge one this evening. Sometimes I cannot believe the things that I have to say to adults, but these words actually came out of my mouth tonight, "If you yell at a supervisor again, you will - at the very least - be issued a 24 (disciplinary) for insubordination. Do you understand me?" In the unbelievable file: One day I had to tell an employee three times that my expectation was that he stayed awake during his shift. THREE times.
- Twice I was putting an elastic band around tags with it snapped and hit my thumb in the exact same place. It stings the first time. It really makes you want to swear the second time around.
- Two is the number of fingers I slammed in a drawer. Not just any drawer, but one of those old desks that is solid wood. I said a certain word that starts with "F" and ends with "uck" after that one. Twice. My finger still hurts, by the way.
- Two times this week I had to scrape my windows. I know, I know I shouldn't complain. Especially since Alberta is getting slammed with a snow storm as we speak (or as I write...) But, ugh...after 8 hours at work and an hour on the train (both ways)- the absolute last thing I want to do is scrape ice off my windows. Oh, and -2...coincidence? I think not. (That's -2 degree's celcius of course. I have no idea what that is for my US friends)
- Two people I will be missing very much this weekend. I was so super excited that my best friend and her newborn baby girl were coming for the weekend. Disclaimer: (Best friend reads this) The content of item #6 is in no way meant to make said BFF have feelings of guilt, sadness, or any other negative type feelings. I mean, if my doctor told me, "If it was my baby, I wouldn't be taking her on an airplane during flu season," I wouldn't either. Oh, who am I kidding? I probably would take that to mean that it was not safe to leave the house for the next 3 months. But I was really looking forward to meeting baby K, and having some girl-bonding time with my best girl. The next time will be even sweeter!!
- Two supervisors. That's how many we're short right now. A fond farewell to KS, who leaves us three weeks before Christmas. Then there were two (supervisors that is. Two. Doing the work of 4). Fabulous. More work for me. Yay! Work. Ohhhhh, I can't wait. (Did you catch that sarcasm? It was suble)
It about two minutes it will all be okay. And this is why....two is also the number of little blue pills I just stuck under my tongue.