I have a fan. She's a fabulous fan, really. And she's not my mom. Although, for the record my mom is a fan too (shout out to Momma!!) Anyways, my fan...I don't really know how she found me, but she was my first follower, and she was the first person to comment on my posts. Actually, I'm just assuming she's a fan...she's never really said, "I'm a fan of your work" or anything like that. Hmmmm, well that's food for thought. She's Melanie Sherman of Meanderings of Melanie Sherman and she's nominated me for not one, but two awards!!! All I'd like to say is thank you for following, thank you for commenting. You make my day!
Now, I think we all remember the last time I was given an award and I misread the 'rules'. The rules stated, quite simply, that I had to mention ten truths about myself. Simple, right? Well, I saw truths and read *secrets* We all had a good chuckle over me spilling the beans about going commando when all I really had to was tell everyone I like the colour pink. So, here are the rules...as copied and pasted from Ms. Sherman.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.(whew, that one was easy)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 2 bloggers* who you have recently discovered and who think you are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award
Thankfully, both awards have the same rules, so this is a two-fer, folks.
1. I am writing a book. I have three sentences. Actually, it's the same sentence written three times over. I'm thinking of rewriting them.
2. I know for a fact that all of the worlds problems would be solved if everyone just went tanning for 10 minutes every day. I decided to get a base tan for my holiday next week and I can literally feel the Vitamin D coursing through my veins. And everyone looks better with a tan.
3. I am not a dog person. I thought I was. But I'm not. We "re-homed" Molly and I feel like a weight has been lifted. That dog was possessed.
4. My car needs an oil change. Really, really badly. Like before the road trip I take next week.
5. My car needs new tires, too. I have strangers on the street tell me how bald my tires are. I wonder if they're telling me because they care or because they're making fun of me.
6. I am addicted to TLC, Discovery Channel, HGTV and Animal Planet. If I had no other channels I would totally be okay with that.
7. I love scrabble. I have an app on my phone, and any time I have a free minute I play a game. I'm super competitive and I think the computer cheats. I just can't prove it. Yet.
And now, to bestow these awards on two deserving bloggers...
1. Nikkers at Dancing in the Rain - us single momma's gotta stick together and she's pretty darn inspiring, to boot.
2. I looooooove f8hasit. Also a single momma. She's hilarious with a side of realism.
* Melanie...if you can change the rules then so can I...