Wednesday, March 2, 2011

'Q'-isms

What Memories are Made of.

Q and his Daddy have been going to junior hockey games in the area lately.  It's an inexpensive evening, a bonding experience for the two of them, and they get to watch something they enjoy together.  The other night we were lying in bed, talking about our day and I said to Q...

Me:  You know, this is what memories are made of.  When you're an adult, you will have memories of you and Daddy going to hockey games, cheering together.  You'll tell your children about the times you spent with Daddy.

Q:  Ya, but you and me...we don't go to hockey games.

Me:  No that's true, we don't.  That's more of a Daddy/Q thing to do.  But we have other things that we do together that make memories.

Q:  Oh.

Pause.

Pause.

Q:  Like what?

After I reminded him of all the different things that we do together, at least I felt a little better...

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes our kids just make us growl low in our throats until a sigh spills out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I like the look of this week's blog. Are you experimenting with backgrounds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a real talent to convince children. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie: I get bored easily, so decided to redecorate! Blogger offers some fabulous designs. And yes, maybe he'll remember me swatting him upside the head...

    Shalet: You are right. Q is a know-it-all, and I know nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he's having some special daddy and Q time :) When FP first started having weekends at Daddy's she'd come home with these lavish tales of her adventures with the Dman... sigh...

    ReplyDelete