Thursday, June 23, 2011

Arbonne



So, I've had an interesting few weeks at work.  As many of you know, and it's probably news to others of you, my work place has been shut down due to a labour dispute for the past three - almost four weeks.  While I'm usually quite vocal about stuff like this, especially because it affects me directly, I wish to not use my blog as a political soap box.  I have very strong opinions on the matter, but I don't want to piss off any employees who may read my blog (you never know...and one can hope) or any managers just itching to fire someone.  Suffice it to say, I wish everyone would just go back to work so I don't have to sit in another training class that I've already sat in on five to seven times and am technically qualified to teach (although...oh, never mind). 

I have no control over my job right now.  It's disconcerting, and I think that's why I um...yelled at my trainer today.  It was more of a tangent really.  In my head, I kept hearing this voice (mine) that was saying, "Shut up.  Stop talking.  Shut up."  But I just kept going while everyone else in the class was staring at me.  I blame PMS.  And uncertainty.  And frustration.  And helplessness.

Anyways, I do have a point.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we had control over our circumstances - how much time we work, being able to pick our kiddies up at school, basically writing our own paychecks every month?  It sounds like a dream, doesn't it?  And who wants a dream that isn't attainable? You know...aim for the moon, and you'll fall among the stars...blah, blah, blah.

My BFF has been selling Arbonne for almost 6 months now, and she is rocking the party.  Literally and figuratively.  I figured I should get myself a piece of the pie and so I took the plunge.  It's a difficult decision for me, because right now I'm really comfortable where I am, and so it's hard to visualize being in a place even better.  I like my job (when I'm there).  There are going to be many, many opportunities in the future which is really exciting.  My wage allows me to live comfortably.  Plus, I'm like a total product junkie so how can I commit to just one product line?  I can't sell Arbonne while wearing MAC, right?  Would you buy a McDonald's hamburger from an employee you see eating Wendy's behind the counter?  Nope, probably not.

The thing is...these products are amazing.  A-maz-ing!!  I've been using the Clear Advantage for months now, and just started using their FC line for a night cream.  Their make up is light weight and has super duper coverage - my skin looks positively dewy!!

I get that I'm only going to get as much out of this as I put in.  Network Marketing has this stigma attached to it - "Pyramid Scheme" is the reaction I get the most.  Okay - a pyramid scheme is when I try to illegally trick some poor sap into buying a faulty product (or no product at all) and then run for the hills.  I am selling a product that I believe in - it has no parabens to preserve it. Do you know the links they're making between parabens and cancer?  It's scary.  Check your make up ingredients...what's the number one ingredient?  Arbonne uses all natural products.  And they've been around for 30 years.  Donald Trump advocates for direct or network marketing saying it's the best way to get products out there.  You think it's a scheme?  That's your problem. I'm not here to convince you otherwise.  I'm here to look pretty and sell some make up.  Did you know that the majority of anti-aging products contain mineral oil which is actually number two only to the sun when it comes to premature aging?  Did you know that?  Did you?  I knew it!!!  You didn't.

I did my first party last week, and I have another one this weekend.  I have two more parties booked in July and am waiting for two more gals to pick a date that works for them.  I think I'm going to puke.  I have no idea how I'm going to pull this off.

Phew.

Okay, I feel better.  I'm totally going to pull this off.  I am going to show all those nay-sayers that Arbonne products are incredible.  They speak for themselves.  I am going to throw parties like nobody's business.  I'm going to see my ass off.  I'm going to drive a white Mercedes. 

Okay?  Okay. 

Okay...

Do you want more info on Arbonne?  You can check out http://www.arbonne.ca/ or give me a shout at catherine(dot)miller(at)live(dot)ca  You won't regret it!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the Arbonne. I'm sorry your work is not going well. I'll send good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Externalizing is better than internalizing!

    ReplyDelete