Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dumb Dog Diary

Anyone want a puppy?

She's super cute....

And super dumb...

The good news is that if you decide to take her, you probably won't have her for long.  Molly likes to run away.  She's my little escape artist. 

In the past week, she has run away three times.  Three times.  And this is when we're with her.  She's so friggen fast and tiny and determined, you cannot catch her.  It's impossible.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm ready to stop trying.   

Today was the latest, when I took her to a park and let her run.  In my defense, she usually sticks right by me...so letting her run free for a few minutes was me being nice.  Yah.  I'm not gonna be so nice next time.  She runs away from me, past the park, through the fence, across the street...

Yes, little Molly was running, no...she was frolicking amongst the cars.  And I'm running around, in and out of the traffic, like an idiot trying to catch her.  Then she starts jumping on the car doors, trying to get in the car.  Like, "oh....there's a person in there...they might want to love me!" 

Earlier this week, she snapped her collar (and ran away...) but we haven't gotten her another one yet...so if I had just walked away, no one would have known she was mine.  The thought crossed my mind more than once. 

Finally, she ran into someone's garden and they were able to catch her for me. 

I'm feeling totally in over my head.  I don't know how to train a puppy.  I lie awake at night worrying about if I'm raising Q to the best of my ability...I don't have time to worry about a puppy too.  She is so stubborn and she doesn't understand english...this makes things very difficult for me. 

And that's not even the worst of it...I wake up this morning to this loud bang, so I run into the kitchen.  There is Molly, she has jumped on top of her kennel and on to the kitchen counter.  She looks up from the cereal bowl she's licking, like..."oh...this is awkward."  

I need Cesar Millan.  I know he's the Dog Whisperer to the stars...but do you think he'd take pity on lil ol' me and Molls? 

Otherwise, I have a Dumb Dog...Free to a Good Home...


No comments:

Post a Comment