Sunday, October 31, 2010

Take a Bite

I'm not really sure how I feel about Corporal Punishment.  I think that most times when people hit their kids they do it because they're angry and they need a release, not so much because they're trying to teach a valuable lesson.  But that's just me.  I think children who are smacked around are more effed up by the time they're adults.  So I guess I do know how I feel about it.  I'm not so crazy about corporal punishment.

Capital punishment, on the other hand....well, I'm super glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision.  I mean, how do you know for 100% every single time that you have the right guy?  It's not like they're all that willing to confess.  I don't know if rehabilitation works 100% of the time either, though.  There are many, many effed up people out there.

I do, however, think that some forms of punishment are highly effective.  Say you get caught stealing, well...let's just chop your hand off.  You'd think once or twice before stealing something if you knew that was the punishment, wouldn't you?  At least I know I would.  I like my hands.  And I like the fact that I have two.  It's very convenient.  However, 3 hands would come in handy every so often...

Rape..well, I'm a huge proponent for chopping the guys penis right off.  With an axe.  Quick and painful.  I don't think a law will ever be passed that will support that, though, so here is the next best thing as far as I'm concerned.

I remember watching this Oprah episode years and years ago, and this poor older woman woke up in her bed in the middle of the night with some guy trying to rape her.  Well, she grabbed the guys penis and squeezed real hard to the left, grabbed his testicles and pulled real hard to the right.  The guy was in so much pain that he was begging her to call the police just to put him out of his misery.

This is the next best thing...it's called the rape-axe.  It's a condom with teeth.  Teeth that embed themselves into the penis.  And they can only be removed by a surgeon.  Can you say deterrent?  It's been developed by Sonnet Ehlers who has been researching it and developing it for 40 years.  Did you know that in South Africa one in two women is raped in their lifetime?  One in two.   That's like half, in case you're wondering.  How horrible is that.  A condom with teeth...just what the doctor ordered...

For more information:

http://www.antirape.co.za/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment