Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boring...

Ugh. My life is sooooo boring right now. I'm stuck in a rut. I do the same thing every day. I wake up. I go to work. I come home. I go to bed. I do this 5 days a week. Of course I have Q alot of the time, and that breaks up the monotony. But on the days when I don't have him....booooooooring. There's nothing to look forward to. I hate my job. I haven't seen my friends in ages. Ha, date? That's just a joke. Ha. Ha. Ha. So, I was so bored, I figured I needed a diversion. I narrowed it down to 3 options...start smoking again, get a fake-n-bake tan, or re-activate my account with Plenty of Fish. Seeing as how 2 out of the 3 options have been proven to cause cancer, I decided to go with door number 3. On line dating...again. I know, it was only weeks before that I swore off the site. But for an instant gratification gal like myself, mundane doesn't work. There is no excitement in my life. Yes, my life is simple. And that is by design. I don't like complicated. I don't like crazy busy. I like to stop, smell the roses. I've learned how important it is to stop and notice the small things, otherwise the small things pass you by and you miss so many significant things. That's one of the many blessings of a small child...getting to see the world through their eyes again for the first time. But this is just blah. Blah. So, POF... It was probably a good two days before I remembered all the things I HATE about POF. I hate spelling and grammar mistakes. Hate them...huge pet peeve for an English Major such as myself. There's this fabulous new discovery called "Spell check" and hundreds of people probably worked thousands of hours tediously entering every single correctly spelled word known to man just so you - Mr. Enchanted Soul (yes, I kid you not) - can appear more intelligent than you are. I hate that everyone is looking for the same thing. How is that possible? How? If we're all looking for someone to cuddle with on rainy days, and go for long walks by the beach, and bbq's then why, I ask, are so many people still single? It should be a whole lot easier, I think. It's funny how everybody is easy going with a great sense of humour. Not everyone can be that funny. Or that easy going. It's impossible. But no, everyone on POF is Mr. Congeniality. But maybe my biggest pet peeve is the pics. The pics are not designed to attract women. They're designed to impress other men. Every picture has a guy with his car or his motorcycle or on a boat. The next pic is the "I drink Beer" pic...every profile has one of these. Then there's the token "I have lots of female friends" pic...always taken in a bar, always with women who are wearing too little. My fav was the guy who's picture was of him in a hideously ugly lazy boy recliner from 1982. Honestly...what woman is going to be attracted to that? It's so cliche...the single guy with the ugly chair that you have to combine with your furniture once you move in together. 'Friends' already did that episode....so, I'll move on to the next. The thing is, though, it doesn't matter how many pictures I scroll thru, or how many profiles I read, or how many e-mails I get that say "Howz u doin'?" Nothing attracts me. Nothing pulls me in. I'd get more excitement out of looking for shoes on e-bay. (Ooooh, like my heart just skipped a beat when I wrote that!!) I'm just reminded of what I've already learned...attraction is not a face, or a few random thoughts or quirky traits. Love is not a 'first sight' kinda deal and trust is built after getting to know someone. These things I can't get from a picture on the internet. It's empty. And the people in the ads are always way hotter than any guy I've ever come across. If dating is supposed to be a fulfilling experience, this is not. It's depressing. Recently it became clear to me that what I'm looking for is out there. He does exist. I gotta be honest, I was starting to believe 'he' didn''t. I met someone who restored my faith in man (men...) because he is one of them. And I may not be able to have him (who knows...) but it's worth the wait should I be so lucky. It gives me hope, he gives me hope. And life without hope, well, it's just boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment