Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

Well, I can now add Kim and Aaron to the list of those who have seen me before the crack of dawn. Kim and Aaron are my drywallers/painters, and wow, they're super dedicated to the job. I mean these guys show up at 8:00am. Consistently. And, for the sake of this blog, it would have been way more exciting if they were women (come on, Kim? Aaron?) because then we could have at least had coffee, bonding over jilted man stories while the first layer of drywall dried. But nope, as luck would have it, Kim is like 75 (well maybe not, but my point is he's old...) and Aaron is maybe 19. Kim lets me in on all the little tricks of the trade. All day long. Just in case I decide to start dry walling in my free time. Now, in the event that I do, I will know how to manage my time so that by the time I've finished the fourth wall, the first will be dry, so I can paint the second coat. Yay!
Of course, it couldn't just happen that my Mr. Perfect would show up at my doorstep and I would have to do nothing but bat my eye lashes to attract him (and brush my teeth...) Kim and Aaron are done tomorrow, after which the carpet experts will install the underlay and baseboards. Then, hopefully, my sleeping pattern will return to normal, by which I mean I will still be sleeping soundly when 8 am rolls around...
The POF (Plenty of Fish - a free Internet dating site) surprised me yesterday. A message from Mr. Shutter (he's into camera's...) who grew up in South Africa, then lived in London for 15 years before moving to B.C. You know what that means, right? He has an accent!! Accents are super sexy. He said he read my profile and thought, "Wow, this is a person I'd like to get to know better." That's nice, isn't it? He's a director with his own movie company, and has a couple of commercials and independent films under his belt. He worked on some movie that was in the theaters, too...but I can't remember what it was. Truthfully, he has more in common with my brother than with me. Snowboarding and world travelling, to name a couple. But I figure that if all else fails, my bro might get a gig or two out of it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the carpet guy is the owner, only there because one of his guys is sick. He'll be about six-three, 33, with a missing button on his shirt (because he's single). His name? Flint Thornton. Or maybe Seth Jameson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, from your lips to God's ears...

    ReplyDelete