It would be really great if I was a "big deal"...well, if my blog was a big deal, you know? I'd be lying if I said I didn't want millions of followers and comments on all my posts. I really, really, really would love it if I could quit my job and blog full time. I study other blogs in order to get an idea of what the people want. And I have noticed one thing that all the popular, millions of followers blogs have.
I know, right? Sounds super simple. What do I do? I bitch about my day, talk about my shoes or my make up. But there's no real content. There are no "How To" tips or life changing (well, other than my life changing) events. Other blogs have pictures and lists and directions and graphs. As a result, I have decided that this post will be a content filled post. What follows are my tips for...well...everything. I hope you will find one or two helpful.
1. Hairspray your eyebrows. What? They're hair too, right? Why spend money on clear mascara when you can spritz some hairspray on your fingers and tap them on your eyebrows. As a bonus, if you want to look super surprised all day, you can mould your eyebrows and they'll stay that way all. day. long. I hear strippers all use hairspray on their hands...gives them a better hold on the pole. That might be helpful too.
2. Moving sucks. I'm moving this month. When packing, here's a super handy tip for organizing all the boxes. Label them. I know, super simple huh? But I find that if you write on the box what is inside the box, it's really helpful when you're unpacking. Another method is to number every room and then write that number on the box. Then you give a diagram of the house to everyone helping that has the rooms labelled and numbered so that everyone knows what room the boxes go in. Ohhhh, you could colour code them too. Wouldn't that be so. much. fun? It would really suck if you lost the diagram though.
3. Instead of wrapping your breakables in newspaper (gets your fingers dirty, kills a tree) wrap them in clothes. Two birds, one stone. Simple
4. Set the coffee maker before you go to bed. Badda boom badda bing, you've got fresh coffee first thing in the morning. I don't know about you, but I am not a morning person. Don't talk to me until I've had my first cuppa joe.
5. Can't wait for your nails to dry? When they're just tacky, but not super wet, run super freezing cold water over them for like 5 minutes. Nail polish just can't resist. You won't be able to feel your fingers, but whatever...do you really need feeling in your fingertips? Not always...
6. Q tips and diaper wipes are two of the best inventions ever.
Anyways. Hope those are all really helpful tips for y'all. I can't imagine you've ever used any of them before. They're original. Totally!
Are you laughing?
Any super obvious tips you'd like to add? I'm sure I'll think of 10 or 12 more as soon I hit "Publish Post". That's a useful tool for building readership in your blog, too. Asking for reader input.
Is it working?