Friday, April 15, 2011

Perks

One of the fabulous things about my job...if not the *only* most fabulous thing about my job is that every year about this time we get a bonus.  A financial bonus.  Not a shabby one either.  Now, I'm being a good girl and saving the majority of it, but today I treated myself to a few little gems.  I figure I deserve it. 

Look. At. These. Shoes.  Aren't they fabulous?  I have no idea where I'm going to wear them, nor what I'm going to wear them with but it won't be the first time I've bought shoes first and then had to buy an outfit to match them.  Side note:  I often buy clothes thinking, "this would be cute for a date..."  This hasn't come through for me yet.  But I am totally prepared in the event any man ever loses his marbles and asks me out.  They are so super comfortable, too.  Retail for $90.00, and I got 'em for $60.00...so not only was I giving myself a little gift, I was also *bargain* shopping.  Two stars for me!!  Franco Sarta is, in my very humble opinion, the best shoe maker out there. 




Along the same lines, and yet so completely different...Stiletto mascara from Maybelline.  The marketing geniuses have struck once again.  They know that people like me cannot resist advertising like this.  I love stilettos, I love mascara...how could I not want to believe that my eye lashes will be as absolutely sexy and fabulous as stilettos?   It's cruel, really.  I didn't even stand a chance.  It does really look amazing, doesn't it?  I'll let you know if my eye lashes remind me of stilettos.  Or even better if a stranger stops me on the street and says, "Has anyone ever told you your eye lashes look like stilettos?"  That would be awesome.


Remember when I got my IPhone and said that I didn't need to buy books anymore because I could download them onto my phone and save a tree.  Well, I lied.  I cannot resist the lure of a brand new book.  I love the smell, the feel, everything.  It's been a long time since I've read a book (all the phone's fault, you know...)  But look, here is the new addition to the library.  It looks so good.  The trailer for the movie looks amazing.  I'm really loving Reese Witherspoon/Gwyneth Paltrow right now (have you seen Country Strong?  Gwyneth is incredible.)  And the book is about forbidden love between two people in the midst of a circus.  Why can't I think up stuff like that????  


I have the Real Simple app for my phone, and I follow them on Facebook (admittedly, a little bit stalkerish) but nothing (and I repeat, nothing!) is as wonderful as a tangible copy that you can touch.  Flipping through a new magazine is like a love story.  It starts out slow as you get to know one another, then you lose yourself in one story, and another.  Until suddenly, you realize you've lost a whole afternoon gazing into your love pages.  The pages become worn as the time goes by, and you know every inch of every page. 
Yes, I know.  I'm weird.  And this totally explains why I'm single.  Whatever.  If I have to wear my red shoes to the grocery store or to bed, I don't care.  I will. 

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment