Sunday, July 12, 2009

What the F?!* does .: mean?

I have a few items of clothing that I have paid a fair amount for (ie: Lululemon yoga pants that I LOVE!!) and I want to continue loving and wearing them for a long time...so I decided to 'google' what all those cryptic washing symbols mean. Oh my goodness, I never knew washing clothes could be so complex. I'm afraid to admit I have been falling short. What happened to the good ol' days when you'd grab the washing board and a bar of soap? Then after you were done, you could sit around the fire playing the washing board while grandma played the spoons. There are entire sites devoted to HOW TO DO LAUNDRY. No kidding, step by step instructions....this does not include reading the labels on your clothes. What started as an exciting Sunday evening watching 'Desperate Housewives' and folding piles and piles of laundry has become an insanely stressful situation. I am trying to decipher the difference between .: and :: and sigh, nothing comes easy these days. However, I have included a link for those of you who also look at the hieroglyphics on your clothing trying to figure out what the hell it's all about. Good luck trying to figure out the charts. It's as confusing as the symbols. No joke. I wouldn't joke about my lulu's and that is a fact, my friends. http://www.apparelsearch.com/care_label_symbols.htm FURTHERMORE, what has happened to parenting these days? Have we become so out of touch as parents that we don't even teach our kids how to separate darks from whites? This says a whole lot about our society. If we're not talking about laundry, you can be damned sure we're not talking about the birds and the bees. And why should we? Our kids can google it (totally tongue in cheek)

No comments:

Post a Comment